In partnership with:
People and the Digital Revolution:
Advancing Our Social Mission through Technology
The Microfinance Centre (MFC) and the European Microfinance Network (EMN) will hold their joint annual conference, in partnership with Seed Capital Bizkaia Micro, from 3-5 October 2018 in Bilbao, Spain.
This year the joint MFC and EMN conference will focus on the implications of the digital revolution on financial and social inclusion. We would like to explore how microfinance institutions can be proactive in embracing and making the most of technology to provide valuable opportunities for entrepreneurs, start-ups and social enterprises.
Is there a new role for socially-oriented microfinance? We think so and hope to provide some guidance and inspiration for practitioners to take an active role in imagining our collective future as a sector and also in laying the groundwork for the sensible application of new financial technology to improve access to finance.
Against this thematic backdrop, and in response to feedback from MFC and EMN Members, the conference programme will also address:
- Capitalising on big data for financial inclusion
- Innovative risk management including alternative risk management tools
- Crowdfunding and microfinance
- MFI partnerships with fin-tech
- Enhancing social performance management with technology
- New technology applications for improvement of MFI operations
- Encouraging the use of technology to foster the financial & social inclusion of migrants
- Innovative ways of funding MFIs
- Trends in social investment
- Cooperation with mainstream financial institutions
- Microfinance clients’ financial health and ways to measure it
- New EU support instruments for microfinance
The event will be a meeting of minds and ideas and will be the perfect opportunity for members and other industry experts to network, exchange experiences, learn from an impressive line-up of guests and even lay the groundwork for successful partnerships going forward
Upwards of 600 participants are expected to attend the conference this year from East and West Europe, Central Asia, the Caucasus and even further afield.
MFC and EMN’s respective annual conferences have always been the highest profile events on financial inclusion and microfinance in the region and this joint venture will be no exception. By joining together our expertise and knowledge we will be able to offer an even more tailored and top-notch conference experience in 2018!