In the framework of the MFC-EMN Annual Conference, the Microfinance Centre (MFC) and the European Microfinance Network (EMN) are launching a call for entrepreneurs with experience in the use of online tools and digital solutions to develop their businesses.
Selected candidates will be invited to participate and share their experience during one of the workshops included in the conference agenda with full coverage of travel and accommodation expenses.
MFC and EMN members are therefore strongly encouraged to disseminate this information to their clients to identify interested candidates who match the following criteria.
Who are we looking for?
Two (2) clients (current or former) from the MFC and/or EMN membership network (ideally, one MFC member client and one EMN member client) who:
> Are microentrepreneurs or owners of an SME (small or medium enterprise)
> Have included the use of online/digital solutions in the development strategy of their businesses to implement one or various of the following actions:
- To sell their products or buy their raw material via marketplaces such as PriceMinister, eBay, Handmade Amazon, Easy, Dawanda, Tictail; through social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter…); on their own website; other platforms…
- To communicate and advertise their businesses via social media channels; on review websites (TripAdvisor, Yelp, etc…)
- Any other usage of digital solutions with the aim of boosting their businesses
> Have a good command of spoken English as the workshop will be held in English
What do we offer?
- Free entry to the conference and exhibition areas, invitation to the social event at the Guggenheim Museum & full coverage of travel and accommodation expenses
- Opportunity to showcase your business & services as well as to present your view on how financial services providers (FSPs) should include tech in the delivery of their financial and nonfinancial services to better meet the need of their clients
- Networking opportunities for you and your business to grow (participants in the conference include investors, financial institutions, EU institutions and EMN & MFC members)
How to apply?
Candidates who are interested or MFIs who have identified a candidate can send an email to Adrien Gizon (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 26th August 2018 specifying:
- Name and surname
- Email address
- Name of the MFI the candidate was a customer of
- Short business description: economic sector, summary of business activity
- Description of the usage of online/digital solutions in the development of their business